Sunday, January 31, 2010

Brown island

Brown Ales can be very good beers. I have had my share of Newcastle Brown Ale, so I was expecting something entirely different when I found a bottle of Nøgne Ø's Brown Ale at a supermarket. Many of the Nøgne Ø beers have been to my liking, and I was looking forward to trying it.

In the glass the Brown Ale is a dark beer with a medium sized tanned head. There is nearly no carbonation. In the nose there are burnt notes and also some caramel. The burnt notes are distinct in the mouth, while the caramel more or less steps to the side. There is also some bitterness before coffee leads off in the aftertaste.

I liked this medium bodied beer, and I feel it is one of the better beers among Nøgne Ø's offers with a lower alcohol content.

No comments:

Post a Comment