Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back at Trondhjem Mikrobryggeri

When I visited Trondheim this Summer, it was neccessary to revisit the only brewpub in town. I was at Trondhjem Mikrobryggeri in January, and my revisit in Summer did not feel any different except for the possibility to drink beer outside.


Last time around I liked Trondhjem Mikrobryggeri's IPA the best, so I started out with a pint of the very good ale. It was still an excellent IPA with nearly no nose, but with a solid punch with hops and a taste of pears in the mouth. A really good beer!

I asked the bartender to bring along a sampler tray with all beers available except for the IPA. In the following I will comment on the beers not available in January and write something about the beers I felt tasted different this Summer.

The first beer I tried, was the seasonal special, Sommerøl (Summer beer). This was a very pale beer with nearly nothing in the nose. There was little taste in the beer before it had a grainy finish. In all this was a boring beer. Nearly as boring is the brewpub's standard lager, Tromdhjemspils. It has more taste from malt, hops and grain, but that is all. More interesting is the bitter. It had more caramel and felt more bitter than last time around. A very nice beer that was much better than in January.

I did not try the pale ale at my first visit to Trondhjem Mikrobryggeri. It had a light copper colour in the glass and had little carbonation. There was little aroma, but in the mouth it had a fruity feeling while still being somewhat watery. I liked the beer, but still the IPA is the best offer at this brewpub.

The best place in Trondheim for beer tourists, is Den gode nabo. Trondhjem Mikrobryggeri is not a must, but it is a nice place to visit if you want to try a local brewpub.


No comments:

Post a Comment